Water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
25%... I go by feel, open the hot and cold and let it rip. A couple of degrees north or south will be fine.

Is there nitrites in your tap water?

If you're asking me... I don't check. Over the years I've found out with a partial water change there s very little change in the tank once the water goes in. It's been so long since I checked anything, I don't even own any type of testing kits at the moment, >it is not what I recommend< but it is what has worked for me for decades. Also having a good filtering system and a strong BB built, I don't worry much.

My aqua one vua 580 pump got a venture on it do I have to have it on .also got a air stone going

My aqua one vua 580 pump got a venture on it do I have to have it on .also got a air stone going
Im sorry, but i cant make sense of this post. Can you make sure to clearly write out what the issue is and proof read before posting.

Are you asking if you have to turn off the filter and airstone while doing a water change? Yes, that's a good idea.

For my aquariums I use the cold tap but put water in a 33 gallon pail the night before with a spare heater so it is nice and warm the next morning when i do the water change. Some people have reported older water heaters will leach which isn't great for the fishes.

Back
Top Bottom