Water change and water top off idea!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Good Idea?

• Yes, I'll try that.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I already do that.

• I don't think thats wise

• Hmm not sure.

• Dude you rock! ;) lol had to add it.

• Total voters

ScottVinVA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey everyone, hope you all had a kick butt weekend. I came up with an idea I thought you might be interested. Maybe its not new to you.

With my first tank, even though its a small 10 gallon, I always hated filling my tank back up after water changes because the water kicked everything all over. Slowly filling takes too long on larger tanks.

I took a strainer. For cooking. Not an all wire one but a plastic tupperware strainer with solid sides and holes only in the bottom.

I was able to hang that over my tank front and back and when dumping my water in through the strainer, it defused the pressure and make less of an impact in my tank gravel and plants.

Thought you might be interested in a better way to refill without affecting everything. It also helps to mix the water in better in my opinion. I might not be right, but it seems it is less of a shock to the system.

Scott Veirs

That is a good idea. I will generally pour the water so it hits a piece of driftwood or a rock, or even float a plastic plate in the water to spread out the force. The colander is a great idea!

TankGirl said:
That is a good idea. I will generally pour the water so it hits a piece of driftwood or a rock, or even float a plastic plate in the water to spread out the force. The colander is a great idea!

I used to do that to. I have slabs of flatrock (not the right name but I cant think of it right now). I used to pour it onto the rock to dispurse it without hit throwin gravel everywhere.

FYI - Current tank - minus the fish I put in tonight.
tanks.jpg
[/img]

Back
Top Bottom