Water change question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Donavin

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just curious. When doing water changes is it ok to add the water treatment to the tank then add the water or should the water be treated then added to the tank?

You can do it either way. I dose prime to the tank and fill the tank with a hose.

Water Changes

Hello Don...

I'm "old school" and still do the water changes using the 5 gallon buckets. I add the water treatment to the bucket as it's filling. Then, I just let the water sit uncovered for about 15 to 20 minutes, then syphon it into the tank.

Don't quote me on this, but to the best of my knowledge, the water treatment works immediately. I've never done a water change this way, but those who use "Python" hose equipment attached to the faucet add the treatment directly to the tank and then just adjust the temp of the tap water and that goes into the tank too. Apparently, it speeds the water change process.

B

Hey BB. I use the faucet attachment and it works wonderful. I been using it for years I was just curious as to which is the best way.

There really is no 'best way' in my opinion. i only have one smaller tank so the bucket way isn't too much work for me. But either way gets the job done. Just do what works for you

BHead707 said:
There really is no 'best way' in my opinion. i only have one smaller tank so the bucket way isn't too much work for me. But either way gets the job done. Just do what works for you

Well BHead for smaller tanks yes a bucket is the way to go. I wouldn't recommend spending the money for the sink attachment. They can cost as must as $80. However is you need to change 25 gallons or more. The sink attachment will save a lot of time and energy.

Back
Top Bottom