Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgarMedina1010

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've had my 10 gal. tank since 5/22/06 i've been doing my water changes(25%) every 7 days ....should i keep this up? i've been also feeding them 3 times a day...should i go to only 2 or 1 time a day?

I had my 30 gal tank for 6 years and did pwc's once a week and fed the fish once a day.

I would keep the pwc's once a week unless your parameters get out of whack. But definately would reduce feedings to at least twice a day, smaller feedings. 10 gal tanks can have their parameters get out of whack in a hurry.

Yeah, three is too many...maybe two a couple days a week and one the other days. That'll reduce your water changes in itself.

I agree that your PWC seem fine unless something becomes a problem as Zagz stated.

IMO, I would only feed once a day all the time in a 10 gal.

I agree that your PWC seem fine unless something becomes a problem as Zagz stated.

IMO, I would only feed once a day all the time in a 10 gal.

I have noticed dramatic improvements in water quality and overall fish health when I reduced feedings from 2 to 1. However some people like to heavy feed, but I don't.

i think it depends on the fish you have, im not going to deny my moonlight gouramis 3 meals a day, as long as they eat it

one feeding a day is not enough, infact its terrible, sure it will survive, but not in great health, animals in the wild normally have significantly shorter lives, because they dont get to eat everyday, and in turn you get a weaker more stressed animal

a person could live on one meal a day...but you think those who come out of POW camps are looking great?

two meals a day should be minimum

Hc, with all respect let me tell you that you are completely wrong. It does depend on what kind of fish, however MANY fish are very healthy on 1 meal a day. It is not the same as humans.

I am not a terrible fish keeper. Many people feed once a day, and I feed good once a day. I mix flakes, bloodworms, vegis,and I have been keeping fish over 10 years.

Your fish would eat 20 times a day if you gave it to them so you should watch Terrible until you do some research

I also agree on feeding a little smaller feedings, and only once or twice a day. I feed 2 times myself, when I get up in the morning, and when I get home from work at dinnertime.

Codefox said:
Heck, I tend to feed every other day. ;)
I may need to do that myself, lol. Except for my fire eel tank. They are pigs, and starting to think just 1 bloodworm cube a day for the 2 of them and my tiger barbs isn't enough, lol.

Yeah, I like to feed every day when they get introduced to help them become less timid. Once they are used to their environment, I cut back. Healthier for them and the tank :)

Codefox said:
Yeah, I like to feed every day when they get introduced to help them become less timid. Once they are used to their environment, I cut back. Healthier for them and the tank :)

That only took 2 days for my fish, lol. When I walk through the door, they are already begging for food, lol.

Normally I experience that...but these bleeding hearts aren't warming up to me even after a week and a half

Back
Top Bottom