Water changes to often?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BTW

I would move them all over to the new tank. It's really not any better or worse then the 2.5 gal tank will be. I think you should do two 50% water changes a day.

mollies can be kept in fresh, brackish or salt. I have been researching this and from everything I have read its true. They are used to their habitat being flooded by saltwater. Very interesting if you do some reading I am no expert but I was told this by a lfs and I didn't believe it. Then after I done research I have found several people who have cycled their saltwater tanks with them and left them and some have acclimated them back to freshwater. :) I have kept them in freshwater before with no problems

I'm wondering if there are other fish like this

BTW

I would move them all over to the new tank. It's really not any better or worse then the 2.5 gal tank will be. I think you should do two 50% water changes a day.

Wouldn't the older fry pick on the newborn fry though ? And ok I'll start doing 2 50% wc a day! How long do you think it will take for a 10 gal to cycle ? Just curious

mollies can be kept in fresh, brackish or salt. I have been researching this and from everything I have read its true. They are used to their habitat being flooded by saltwater. Very interesting if you do some reading I am no expert but I was told this by a lfs and I didn't believe it. Then after I done research I have found several people who have cycled their saltwater tanks with them and left them and some have acclimated them back to freshwater. :) I have kept them in freshwater before with no problems

I'm wondering if there are other fish like this

That's pretty cool! About a year ago my lfs recommended I buy aquarium salt to put in my tank when I got my mollies and it worked great! Ill have to try it again once the fry gets a little bigger !

Back
Top Bottom