Water Changing Problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rxblade123

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't know why, but everytime I do a water change with the Python, my angels always breath much quicker and are just below the water. I don't know what's wrong with them. I add in Stress Coat to remove chlorine and chloramines so I'm thinking it might be something with the tap water, but not sure. I hooked up my air pump to the tank just in case there wasn't enough oxygen, but by the looks of it it's not helping. My kribs seem fine though. Well one of them is just staying in one place just above the mid level of the tank.
The tap Ph is 7.4-7.8 and my tank Ph is 7.4 -7.8 as well. If you need anymore information just tell me.

Have you tested your tapwater straight out of the tap? Does your community use chloramines instead of chlorine, and are you adding the correct dose of Stresscoat?

Yes to the first and third question I'm not sure about the second, but Stress Coat removes both chloramine and chlorine so would it still effect anything?

The angels seem to acting normal now. The water I added was the same temperature. Well I think I was running the water on my thermometer and it seemed to be on the same temperature, but I have doubts. I tried putting the thermometer into an unheated tank and it read 81. The water felt more like it was in the 70s. I think I should get another one. Anybody know if those stick on ones are accurate?

Pick up a digital thermometer....great investment. I always know to the 1/10 degree of how close I am.

wow, i never thought of using my digital thermometer.... he he he, i have a stick on one and glass one, the glass one is much more accurate, but the stick on one is always there and it reads about the same, you just can't get an exact reading from it.

Back
Top Bottom