Water clensing products

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys think would be better?.
API tap water conditioner w/stress coat?

Aqueon water conditioner

Or top fin water conditioner w/bacterial suppliment?

Or what are your favorite products and why?

I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to do is.
I am starting a 20 gallon tank.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

many ppl recommend using seachem's PRIME water conditioner. thats what i use and i honestly think its the best conditioner out there in my opinion.you dont have to use as much as the other conditioners.and also detoxifies ammonia,nitrite and nitrate, and provides slime coat.

What do you guys think would be better?.
API tap water conditioner w/stress coat?

Aqueon water conditioner

Or top fin water conditioner w/bacterial suppliment?

Or what are your favorite products and why?

I'm trying to figure out what the best thing to do is.
I am starting a 20 gallon tank.

Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated

There's nothing wrong with the one's you mentioned, but I agree the best bang for your buck is Seachem Prime. A large sized bottle should last months! Even with weekly PWC's.

janeth0185 said:
many ppl recommend using seachem's PRIME water conditioner. thats what i use and i honestly think its the best conditioner out there in my opinion.you dont have to use as much as the other conditioners.and also detoxifies ammonia,nitrite and nitrate, and provides slime coat.

So does this also have a bacteria suppliment. Or should I purchase that separately

So does this also have a bacteria suppliment. Or should I purchase that separately

No ... Prime is not a bacterial supplement. In all honesty, I personally consider it unnecessary. As long as you cycle a tank correctly, rinse the filter media in tank water and use old media to seed new / replacement media, there's no need to ever need bacterial supplements.

greetings.

i agree with jcolon, if you do your tank maintenance right bacterial supplement is not needed, when i purchased my first aquarium i purchased a pack of bacterial-starter pills, now one and a half years later i still have half of it left. i only use it when i make alternations to the aquarium that i know will have harmed the bacterial culture.

sincerely,
nereksnad.

Back
Top Bottom