water cloudy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luca0798

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone, i started up my 120 gallon fish tank on saturday. I’m doing a fish less cycle. i dosed the water with around 2-4 ppm of ammonia. the water is really really cloudy. does anyone have an idea why it would be cloudy, after the second day of it running it started to get cloudy, every decoration and all the gravel was all rinsed before filling up the tank. i’m using Aquavitro seed for the BB and i’m following the bottles directions. i’m just wondering what it could be.

Thanks!

White, cloudy water can be caused by several things, but most commonly it is due to a "bacteria bloom." A "bacteria bloom" is usually associated with "new tank syndrome". Ammonia builds up in the aquarium and the nitrogen cycle begins.

It are the bacteria you added...
Leave your tank in pitch-black because then they grow the fastest.
Leave your top off, they need a lot of oxygen. (if you have one add a air stone)

White, cloudy water can be caused by several things, but most commonly it is due to a "bacteria bloom." A "bacteria bloom" is usually associated with "new tank syndrome". Ammonia builds up in the aquarium and the nitrogen cycle begins.

It are the bacteria you added...
Leave your tank in pitch-black because then they grow the fastest.
Leave your top off, they need a lot of oxygen. (if you have one add a air stone)
yes i add my BB everyday and i don’t turn on any lights the tank is in a black room. I just noticed on a piece of my driftwood this white film all over it, not sure what that could be

6.2.3. Bacterial Blooms

Leave the aquarium alone

And why do you add bacteria "everyday"?
You should add them only once and never again.

Does it look like this?
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/what-is-this-growing-on-my-heater-372826.html
because i am following the bottle of bacteria that i use. I have to add in the product for 7 days straight because it is a new tank. The film isn’t that thick, it’s long and stringy. I looked online and it says it’s some sort of bacterial fungus or mould and it said that it’s not harmful for the tank.

Back
Top Bottom