Water cloudy after water change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Anna94

Aquarium Advice FINatic
It doesn't look like it in the pictures, but for some reason my tank is a little cloudy after my water change. I did move the plants and decor around before the water change, but I lifted them and moved them; I didn't scoot them around and disturb the substrate. I did notice that it was cloudy after I rinsed my filter media and put it back in the filter, but usually the particles that float around after pushing down the media in the media basket it all clears up within a few minutes. The back glass of the tank has diatoms on it, but it's the water that looks cloudy, not the glass. I put Prime in just as the water started coming out of the python.

What could have happened and should I be concerned? My tank is cycled, by the way. This is my second water change of the week-my other one was done on Wednesday. I did one on Wednesday because when I tested my water ammonia was 0.50 and I didn't want to take the chance that it would go up more if I waited until today to do a water change. I'm at a loss here as my tank has never been cloudy after a water change. Well, at least not since it was in the cycling process.IMG_5731.jpgIMG_5732.jpgIMG_5733.jpg

I am not sure. Maybe bacterial bloom. Give it 24 hours to see if it settles down. Maybe unknowingly something is disturbed in ur tank. Maybe gravel disturbed and u didn't notice.

Back
Top Bottom