Water Flow question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

travisallen2007

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a 26 gallon bow front heavily planted tank. I am currently only using a power bar to push water in the tank but clearly dead spots at the bottom not getting a lot of flow leading to fish waste sitting in the substrate.

I'm nervous for adding a power head for a few reasons: I have a lot of snails I love and dont want to hurt them bu removing their food source in the substrate. I also have a dwaef crayfish but he eats wafers. I dont want to hurt anything but would like to put a head down blow the plant line as to help push the waste to the filter instead of sitting in the substrate.

What if any advise do yall have.

When you remove water on a weekly basis, vacuum the gravel. Easier than trying to push waste around in the hopes the filter will pick it up.

riederer is correct. Dead spots are the go to spot for vacuuming weekly and midweek you know the spot to pick up waste.
Adjustments can be made in the direction of flow to have a dead spot out of sight at the back so you don’t know to see poop. Or so the poop settles in the front and you know it’s there and can easily see it to remove it.

Every tank aways has a dead spot somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom