water help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

remy the cook

Aquarium Advice Activist
any one have any idea what this could be? all the floating particles that is

Attachments

• IMG_0250.jpg
    IMG_0250.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 102
Could be planaria; are they whitish strings that wiggle? If so it could be planaria, which is often caused by overfeeding and undercleaning. Do some water changes with deep substrate vacuums. Also check your filters for buildup of old food, etc, you might want to gently swish them in some old tank water during the water change. Try cutting back on feeding and see if that helps too.

thank you :), atm my filter is out cause I'm treating for ich with a liquid kordons ich attack

Oh, so you're not running the filter? Make sure you keep the media wet and aerated or else the bacteria will die off. Is it not suggested to use the med with a filter? Ich can usually be treated with just heat and/or heat and salt. I've no experience with Kordon's med so maybe it'll work, but you might want to raise the heat slowly to 86 too if you haven't already as it speeds up the life cycle of the Ich (higher temps deplete thew oxygen in the water so water falling from the filter or an air stone is recommended). I read the Kordon's directions and it says not to do water changes although this is contrary to most Ich treatments I know of in that daily water changes are usually recommended to suck up the Ich spores from the substrate.

after I did a water change I noticed that the spots are harder to see then before, and that there are hardly any spots on my male cherry barb but the female cherry barbs still have a decent amount of spots but not as many as before. I have sand so water canged wrecs havoc with my sand :(, and I cant find anything better other then hose and bucket or python methods.

Back
Top Bottom