Water is Cloudy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
my water seems to be cloudy, kind of white color fogy looking. could this be because of not cleaning the inside glass? it feels slyme lol new word. or is it because i dont have a cover for it, so the house dust/particles?

This is a classic bacterial bloom. It can be caused by a number things but usually from a die off of your nitrifying bacteria. I'd suggest measuring ammonia and nitrites to see if a mini cycle is occuring. I'd also be doing 25% daily pwcs until the water clears. You should be wiping down the inside of the glass on a regular basis. That slime can and will act as a host for bad bacteria, and by all means get a cover. :wink:

YEs i agree... a bacterial bloom... Usually the whitish color is always indicitave of a bacterial bloom and it lets you know... hey either i added too many fish at once, or my tank isn't cycled... or maybe some of my bacterial colony died off for some reason (medications?) and now its coming back.

Back
Top Bottom