water level question. . .

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CitizenSoldier7

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 44 gallon corner tank. . . it is 24 inches in height. . . between the water level and the lid of the tank is just over 3 inches. . . is that too much?

See attached photo and let me know your thoughts. . . Thank you. . .
JT

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1414549367.550462.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Oh, and will raising the water level closer to the spray bar decrease the sound level?

Oh, and will raising the water level closer to the spray bar decrease the sound level?

Absolutely. You should raise the water level to where you cannot see it because of the top trim. That will make your tank essentially silent.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414550008.188538.jpg

I have a 44 gallon corner tank. . . it is 24 inches in height. . . between the water level and the lid of the tank is just over 3 inches. . . is that too much?

JT

View attachment 254229

Hi I'm new. From the looks to me u could raise the water level more that will decrease the noise of ur filter too.

[emoji12]Kgirl[emoji12]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414550929.439811.jpg I have a very small tank it's a 13gallon but my dad has a 150 cichlids tank.

[emoji12]Kgirl[emoji12]

JT

View attachment 254229

Raising the level of the water will definitely decrease the noise. If the noise doesn't bother you, though, you don't have to fill the tank higher. Not really a big deal either way.

Thank you all for your insight. . . I added roughly 2.5 galloons of water, raising the level equal to the holes on the spray bar and that did reduce the noise level. . .

Just make sure that the spray bar is pointed in a such a way that it is disturbing the surface of the water to ensure proper oxygen exchange.

Back
Top Bottom