Water parameters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

d.ruby1998

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello I recently tested my water for my fish tank but since this is my first time with fish I don’t really understand how to read it. I bought the api 5in1 test strips. Can anyone help me know if my water parameters are good.IMG_0486.jpg

Based off your readings I'd say it's fine. But, test strips are inaccurate. You should get an API freshwater master test kit (liquid test kit). It's more reliable.

Hello d...

The testing strips are cheaper and faster. Tetra has a good, reliable product. Check the expiration date. If it's expired, then you can't rely on the test results. If your tank has been properly cycled, then simply change half or more of the tank water every week. This will guarantee a steady and safe water chemistry for the fish and you wont need to go to the expense and time to test the water.

B

Based off your readings I'd say it's fine. But, test strips are inaccurate. You should get an API freshwater master test kit (liquid test kit). It's more reliable.

Thank you so much for replying to my post and letting me know that it’s fine. Definitely will be buying the master kit.

Hello d...

The testing strips are cheaper and faster. Tetra has a good, reliable product. Check the expiration date. If it's expired, then you can't rely on the test results. If your tank has been properly cycled, then simply change half or more of the tank water every week. This will guarantee a steady and safe water chemistry for the fish and you wont need to go to the expense and time to test the water.

B

Okay thank you and I will be doing more frequent water changes. My tank has been cycled for almost a year. Just added five neon tetras and two algae eating fish (can’t remember their name) and just wanted to make sure the water parameters was good and safe for them. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom