Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-08-2018, 01:42 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Water Parameters and Nutrfin Test Kit

I recently got the Nutrafin Master Test Kit for my 65 gallon planted tank and wanted to create some charts, which I attached, to make it easier to record the data and follow the instructions. I did a lot of research to try to get the ideal water parameters but found a lot conflicting information so if y'all would check out the recommend levels I put on the chart and give feedback on it that would be great! A couple of them are still blank because I'm not 100% sure on what they should be yet. I want to make this chart to be as close to perfect for a planted tank to make future testing easy. If anyone has the same tests or just wants the charts feel free to use them for your own purposes.

Also, I wanted to get feedback on my current water parameters and concerns. I have a medium to high light tank but don't currently inject CO2. I use Seachem Flourish, Excel, Potassium, and Iron as instructed on the bottle. The fish I have include, Mollies, Guppies, Neon Tetras, Black Skirt Tetras, and German Blue Rams.
My parameters are
Ammonia 0
Ph 7.9 too high?
Gh 80
Kh 70
Nitrite 0
Nitrate <5
Calcium 40
Iron Non-chelated 0
Iron Chelated 0
Phosphate 0.25

Some of these levels seem really low for my plants like, Phosphate, Iron, and Nitrate, even though I'm using different liquid fertilizers. The Ph also seems high but when I used the test strips before I had this kit it showed 7 so I had never worried about it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Water Tests.pdf (789.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: pdf Water Test Chart.pdf (674.6 KB, 11 views)

Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I never really managed to get a good iron reading. Just bound that fast I think. Nitrates and phosphates seem low to me but if plants are fine, I'd not worry.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delapool View Post
I never really managed to get a good iron reading. Just bound that fast I think. Nitrates and phosphates seem low to me but if plants are fine, I'd not worry.

Thanks for the reply! My plants are doing ok but I definitely think they could be doing a lot better if I could get those levels up some.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Potassium is the hardest. Nitrates from fish waste and phosphates from fish food so generally covered there in low tech tanks.

Tags
ate, fin, meters, parameters, ram, test, test kit, water, water parameters

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com