Water parameters. Good or bad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Showlee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi. I have a 10 gallon tank that has been running for 3 years but after getting more into the hobby lately I have added some new fish and changed up my filter some.

I can’t get my ammonia to go down or my ph to rise. I’m not sure if my ammonia is because of the new filter items or because my tank is overstocked. I have 4 harlequin rasboras, 4 Phoenix rasboras, 2 otocats, and 6 CPDs. Plus too many bladder snails.

pH -6.4
Ammonia -4.0 ppm
Nitrite -0 ppm
Nitrate -0 ppm

My temp stays at 76 and my tank is pretty clean.

I’ve also been doing 10% water changes daily and adding Prime and Stability. Tomorrow will be day 7 of Stability.

Attachments

• 986F48C7-6606-498C-84DA-54F69F365C25.jpg
    986F48C7-6606-498C-84DA-54F69F365C25.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 28
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f12/your-guide-to-ammonia-toxicity-159994.html

Would be useful to get readings for your tap water while going through this mini-cycle. Snails won’t be helping imo if there are lots of them.

Ph low is helping protect fish from toxic ammonia but may be slowing down re-cycling tank.

I’d keep dosing a water conditioner that detoxifies ammonia, increase water changes but not add anything like crushed carbonate to deliberately lift ph.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom