Water Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

big.

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a cycles 20 gallon that has been doing fine so far. I noticed the water looks a little cloudy-ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395000682.497889.jpg, it almost looks like particles in the water. I tested the parameters and everything is perfect. This only occurred this past week. It has been running for about 8 months. Any help on what's wrong would be greatly appreciated!

Sometimes in my tank I have the exact same thing. It's probably from your filter. I have a Marineland bio wheel 200 and I found out those tiny particles are just oxygen from the bio wheel. The water is usually cloudy in new tanks but this will go away as your tank cycles. What filter do you have?

I have an aqueon 20 quiet flow filter

Yup that's one of the filters that creates a lot of oxygen. The blue grid with the wholes in it were the outflow is, is what makes the oxygen. It's good for the tank but if you don't like it you can take it out and you won't have those bubbles. If it were me I would leave it in but you could buy an air pump and attach an air stone.

Back
Top Bottom