Water Testing is Important

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today proved to me the importance of testing my water DAILY during a fish in cycle. I have been getting ammonia at .25 for the last 4 weeks & today it jumped to .5-1, kind of hard to tell but either way MUCH too high. This is after I did a 50% water change yesterday! I just did an even bigger water change & I hope that did the trick.

image-2544874748.jpg

shellieca said:
Today proved to me the importance of testing my water DAILY during a fish in cycle. I have been getting ammonia at .25 for the last 4 weeks & today it jumped to .5-1, kind of hard to tell but either way MUCH too high. This is after I did a 50% water change yesterday! I just did an even bigger water change & I hope that did the trick.

You got that right. When I did my fish in cycle on my 55 overstocked Cichlid tank I was doing 2-3 water changes a day!! And testing? Probably 5 times a day!! I'd wake up just to text. My wife thought I was crazy doing water changes at 2am lol.

Keep it up, let us know how you make out.

Convict2161 said:
You got that right. When I did my fish in cycle on my 55 overstocked Cichlid tank I was doing 2-3 water changes a day!! And testing? Probably 5 times a day!! I'd wake up just to text. My wife thought I was crazy doing water changes at 2am lol.

Keep it up, let us know how you make out.

Thanks Convict. This one is just a little 10g with 1 Betta & 1 snail but obviously still needs to be watched. My 46g is a week behind this one in the process so I'm guessing I may see that one spike before too long. I can't imagine having to do what you did. I'm so ready for my two to be finished cycling.

Back
Top Bottom