Water will not cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwfulArabella

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have my fresh water fish a few months and the tank just would not cycle Ive had my water tested loads and tried everything the fish shop guys are completely stumped I'm on organic aqua for the time being and I'm trying to cycle my nano tank but it's just not happening I've left the tank set up waiting for it to cycle for 2 months and still nothing any suggestions ? Has this ever happened anyone ?

Sounds like you are trying to cycle the tank with fish. While this can be done safely, it does require a lot of monitoring and water changes. Have you been doing frequent water changes when you have had fish in the tank?

No my last tank had fish the nano doesn't the nano is just sitting there I had to just use the aqua organic in the last tank cause I was misinformed and put my fish in not knowing about having to cycle the tank they all started to die off and I couldn't understand why so i went to seahorse aquariums and they helped me save the fish I had left and started me on aqua organics but I want to cycle my nano tank and it's not happening and everyone is totally stumped as to what it could be ? We've even tested my tap water just incase it's something in the water but nothing it's really weird

No I just put tap water in put in the biotopal to make the tap water safe have my filter going and heater, everything set up as normal minus the fish... Is that right ?

It's really hard to explain when I get it tested the nitrate nitrite and ammonia are there but they never settled its starts to cycle then starts again, and it just looks like my reading are always high

I agree w/mumma you have to start by testing your tapwater in this case if your already getting ammo,trites and trates something is weird for not doing a fish in cycle or having an ammo source.

Nope I don't add anything and it's already there ye I've tested the tape water and it shows up nothing I've got some poly filter in it to try figure out what the problem is but it's happened with all 3 freshwater tanks none of them will cycle properly :( and no one can figure out why ? Do yu think adding ammonia will help ?

Add seachem prime and stability maybe ? At petco they have driftwood that is in water buy some that could kick start cycling.

Back
Top Bottom