Waterfall, paludarim/tank no idea where to start

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
THX! I'm still confused on how people are making these backgrounds.

PALDARIUM VIVARIUM I'M UNSURE BUT I THINK YOU'LL LIKE

Whats a riparium vs a vivarium?

A riparium is a type of vivarium. A vivarium is just recreating any part of nature in an enclosure, be it desert, forest, marsh, etc. A riparium is specifically a recreation of a wetland such as a swamp, marsh, edge of a river or creek.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I can't see the pics. I'm on my iPhone. Did you look at the build thread via the post I linked ?

Some use foam to sculpt backgrounds.

Paludariums are usually 1/2 land 1/2 water. Think swamp

Ripariums usually have waterfalls or flowing water on diff levels.
Think riverbank.

http://www.paludariums.net

If you search The Planted Tank forums for Paludarium or Riparium you'll see a ton of build threads.

This is one method.
http://www.joshsfrogs.com/catalog/blog/2012/07/dont-back-down-from-the-background/

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I can't see the pics. I'm on my iPhone. Did you look at the build thread via the post I linked ?

Some use foam to sculpt backgrounds.

Paludariums are usually 1/2 land 1/2 water. Think swamp

Ripariums usually have waterfalls or flowing water on diff levels.
Think riverbank.

Paludariums.net | Information on Paludarium flora, fauna, equipment, maintenance, and more

If you search The Planted Tank forums for Paludarium or Riparium you'll see a ton of build threads.

This is one method.
Don't Back Down from the Background - Josh's Frogs How-To Guides for Reptiles & Amphibians

I just don't think I would ever get foam looking real.

Hmmm I don't know which one I would want, I want a waterfall, I just don't get if the plants are like outside of the aquarium in something else or if they are floating on a false bottom? I'm guessing a 18-24" deep tank is needed.

Some people build a shelf inside the tank. Some build a shelf outside the tank and hide the pots.

Some use rafts.

I saw a club member's custom looking tank. Very wide with stair step shallow shelves. The water flowed the width of the tank and trickled along each shelf. It was awesome.

He had some rare plants growing in it.

Back
Top Bottom