Waters been sitting for a whille.. Should i just keep that water?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

heyheyitsrae

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought an aquarium kit with the filter and everything but the filter didn't end up working so i called customer service and they shipped me a new one. But while I was waiting for it to be delivered I didn't bother taking out the water, I just kept an aerator in it and had it going all the time.

But I got my new filter in this morning! :huzzah: and it works and everything's great, I just dont know if I should change the water.

I take it you didn't even cycle yet so you should be fine throw your filter on and start cycling

I had some algae wafers in the tank because I wanted to "feed the tank" to start cycling it, but now it's gone all mooshy and gross.

It'll just feed the cycle. Most of the water will be removed to bring nitrates down at the end anyways

A couple more things:
1) there appears to be foam on top of the water. I turned off the aerator and it didnt change anything.
2) I've attached a picture of one of the parts of the filter. You can have it open or closed (in the pic it's open). What does it do? Shouldn't have it open or closed? It's closed right now.

Attachments

• image-712846480.jpg
    image-712846480.jpg
    145.2 KB · Views: 47
That is a mid level strainer. It pulls water in from the middle of your tank rather then just the bottom. It's up to you if you want it open or closed. I keep mine open

Back
Top Bottom