Wavemaker in 36 Planted?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamroper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello All,

I have purchased two small wave makers and they have both quit on me. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should just stop using them again.

I didn't have any for years, and when I do use them, I point one toward the front of the tank so that it creates turbulence at the surface without blowing my plants too strongly. The fish seem to like it.

Any recommendations? If you think I should get a new one, any recommendations on some reliable brands?

Thanks,
D

Hello All,

I have purchased two small wave makers and they have both quit on me. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should just stop using them again.

I didn't have any for years, and when I do use them, I point one toward the front of the tank so that it creates turbulence at the surface without blowing my plants too strongly. The fish seem to like it.

Any recommendations? If you think I should get a new one, any recommendations on some reliable brands?

Thanks,
D

I usually like the Hydor Koralia wave makers. They are not overly powerful and they seem to put out a nice broad flow. Really it is up to you whether you use them or not. If it helped keep mulm from settling in your tank, then get one. Some fish appreciate the added flow as well.

Back
Top Bottom