Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-14-2021, 04:35 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tank of the Month Award

Wavemaker in 36 Planted?

Hello All,

I have purchased two small wave makers and they have both quit on me. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should just stop using them again.

I didn't have any for years, and when I do use them, I point one toward the front of the tank so that it creates turbulence at the surface without blowing my plants too strongly. The fish seem to like it.

Any recommendations? If you think I should get a new one, any recommendations on some reliable brands?

Thanks,
D

Old 09-14-2021, 06:01 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamroper View Post
Hello All,

I have purchased two small wave makers and they have both quit on me. Now, I'm trying to decide if I should just stop using them again.

I didn't have any for years, and when I do use them, I point one toward the front of the tank so that it creates turbulence at the surface without blowing my plants too strongly. The fish seem to like it.

Any recommendations? If you think I should get a new one, any recommendations on some reliable brands?

Thanks,
D
I usually like the Hydor Koralia wave makers. They are not overly powerful and they seem to put out a nice broad flow. Really it is up to you whether you use them or not. If it helped keep mulm from settling in your tank, then get one. Some fish appreciate the added flow as well.
Old 09-15-2021, 09:39 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tank of the Month Award

Thanks very much for the response.

Tags
plant, planted, wavemaker

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com