Ways to know it snail is dead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mumma.of.two said:
Mystery snail? It STINKS! Trust me you can't miss it. If its completely fallen out of its shell or has large amounts of fuzz growing on it.

Is the fuzz like white stuff? He doesn't smell and hasn't fell out of she'll but is 3 days new to tank and isn't moving.

Fishie said:
Is the fuzz like white stuff? He doesn't smell and hasn't fell out of she'll but is 3 days new to tank and isn't moving.

Not slimy white stuff. They expel that all the time. An actual fuzz growing in the body. It's completely normal that they don't move for days or even weeks at a time.

either they fall out and the shell empties, or a nasty ooze around the shell opening proves theyre dead.

Mumma.of.two said:
Not slimy white stuff. They expel that all the time. An actual fuzz growing in the body. It's completely normal that they don't move for days or even weeks at a time.

Thais for info^ so on one of my other snails I got white stuff on it how can I make him look better)

Take it out and sniff. Crude, but really the best test.

Back
Top Bottom