We are still alive!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Skifflexie

Aquarium Advice Freak
Prelude:

Well today I moved out of my apartment and was suppose to be moving into my new one, but the unit is finished being built and we won't be able to move in till the 17th of August.

I have a 29g that I recently bought, but won't set up till I get settled into my new apartment.

My 15g tall tank has been over crowded. And so was my mini glo tank. But out of necessity I had to combine my fish to my 15g and crowd them worse.

Some people will say I should of taken them to back to the store.... But I disagree.

I'm running 3 filters.

Storyline:

I snuck them into my hotel lol.... They never said anything about not having fish... And my renters insurance company said they would cover tank leaks, ect. And I'm on the ground floor.

Also I'm just happy to say everyone made it alive. It was a crazy stressful night and day, I haven't gotten to sleep in days....

Ps I got a job at petsmart! ;) tomorrow is my 3rd day! Totally loving it. And I have a rare big chain store that actually has people who care and know about animals and fish... :) can't wait to learn more about fish.

Attachments

• image-1901937427.jpg
    image-1901937427.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 84
Nice to hear all your fish made it! I you know it's going to be until the 17th, then it's ok to keep them until then so you can upgrade
Lucky you got a job at petsmart, I really wanted to work there but I can't leave my job as a karate instructor

Glad you made it! Glad petsmart hired a fish person. Now if only they will let you work in the fish department. My local Petsmart has a REALLY knowledgable fish person, but someone senior is department head and so the fish person is anywhere else in the store EXCEPT fish and they won't page her for me because....drum roll....she's not the OFFICIAL fish person. "Just go back there. The person who is there knows all about fish. She's the head of the department."
AAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH.

I'm going to have to cruise the aisles until I find the REAl fish person and get her personal cell number so that when I'm in the store, I can text her with my questions.

Anyway, congratulations!!

^ Lol, thats what I done - I have the number of the guy who works at the lfs.

Congrats on the job by the way and good luck with moving into your new apartment! I hope you like it. :)

Congrats on the job! Thats awesome! Glad everyone made the move well.........a few more weeks and you get to do it all over again, lol. But, once you get settled in your new place with your bigger tank, it will all be worth it :)

Congrats on the job. Hope everone makes it.

Yeah I can't wait to be settled and start getting the 29 set up..... Especially now that I have easier access to supplies a little cheaper. I was soo worried I would lose fish. Especially filling the tank with the hotel water and using decloranator. But the water looks great and the fish are doing well. ;) when I combined my glo tank with my community, I was worried about my little ghost shrimp, since I've come to find out my tiger barbs try to eat them, well.... I hadn't seem them in days, but then again I was a mess packing and cleaning, so I hadn't been sitting and staring at my tank.... Well Yesterday I put all the fish and snails in the travel tote and then moved.... After I filled the tank, replaced all the fish, etc.... I noticed my ghost shrimp were still in the bottom..... Crazy! I had completely drained the water down to just the gravel..... I never saw them and assumed they were eaten last week. I still can't believe they're alive.

Also another crazy thing happened...., my African dwarf frog, whom I also had thought had died since I hadn't seen him in 2 months, and hadnt seen him eat the frozen blood worms. Well has I carried my empty tank to the car, he was jumping around. :) he made it to the hotel safely as well.

I really do love working at petsmart. They are a lot better with the animals than I had imagined. ;) I'm gonna go start a thread about that.

Awesome link the new thread to this one please. It sounds neat.

Awesome link the new thread to this one please. It sounds neat.

I would, but I don't know how, I'm using the app. :/

It's in general discussion on the freshwater page

"Things petsmart employees should know"

Back
Top Bottom