Weening DPs off frozen food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

insecurity

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey- getting my dwarf puffers later this week- super excited!
Anyways, I know these fellas like thawed frozen foods, but I was wondering if anyone here has successfully weened their dwarf puffer (or any type of similar fish) off of frozen and onto freeze dried? I ask because I already stock freeze dried bloodworms for my swordies and platies and I really don't want to have to stock 3-4 different types of food.

I've not heard of DPs going for freeze-dried foods, but each fish is different. Who knows, they might go for it if they have been fasted for two or three days. In fact, it is not uncommon for DPs to not eat for the first few days after being placed in a new tank.

Feed them pond snails along with the freeze-dried foods and see what happens.

David

You have to see. Each puffer have to spit out the food for you to see what each like. If you present the food, and the puffer does not take a bite, then that does not mean that they dont like it. They just dont know its food. My fahaka eats scallops, but my turgidus spits them out every single time no matter how many times I tried starving him. It took me a few weeks to get my DP to understand that raw shrimp was food. She never figured out that scallops is food since she never took a bite.

Back
Top Bottom