Weird swimming thingy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shelbidavis

Aquarium Advice Activist
Who knows what this is?! Sometimes there are hundreds of them, until I clean the tank but they come back sometimes! Worm like, very very tiny. I'm surprised my phone could capture it ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417074936.280803.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yes I do everytime I clean the tank. It's a ten gallon so like every two or three weeks. Only a betta and a frog in it.

Are they bad to have? Unsafe for fish?

If they are detritus worms, no. However I will wait for someone who has more experience with worms on the glass that can help specify it.

Only cleaning every 2 or 3 weeks is the problem. Gravel vac and change 50% of the water once a week. Gravel vac the entire time your draining the tank, even if you don't think your sucking up anything after a couple mins. Also watch how much your feeding and make sure no excess food is left behind.

Ya I think I might over feed, it's incredibly hard to feed my african dwarf frog so I end up putting a lot of blood worms in. Ok once a week 50%.

Back
Top Bottom