Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Weird white wormlike creatures found it tank please help

So i looked at my tank and found all this white stuff splattered on the front glass. When i looked closer I found that they were moving. I have no idea what they are and are scared that they are parasites. They are difference sizes, some are extremely small while other are a little larger. My tank is a 20 gallon tank. I have 6 fish in it. On the behalf of my fish I would like to thank you in advance. If you need any other info please don't hesitate to ask.

Old 03-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #2
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

google planaria and see if thats what it looks like...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

A picture would be helpful.
Old 03-29-2010, 05:18 PM   #4

sorry for the late response(was sick for a week) I looked at planaria and they look very similar, perhaps smaller? I've been scraping them off with a sponge, but there always seems to be a few left. Any ideas how to kill them?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:24 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsukiko-pyon View Post
Any ideas how to kill them?
dont overfeed. cut back to once every other day, only as much as the fish eat in a minute. clean your gravel thoroughly, do a couple water changes this week, cleaning the gravel very well each time. should get rid of them in a few days to a few weeks

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
Old 03-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #6

I have tried to cut back on food(so sad they look so hungry). I have been doing water changes every week using the gravel vacuum. I can't say it's the most effective way of cleaning though. I can't get every place because by the time Im done one side I have taken out 10% of the water.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:37 PM   #7
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

only 10%? i do 50% pwc's on all my tanks at least once a week.. sometimes twice if i wanna change stuff around. just vac all you can until you get to the half way mark, then wait until the next day and do again until the entire bottom is done... repeat a few times. that should clear it up. they're only there because you have an excess of food

Old 03-29-2010, 07:40 PM   #8

Thanks for the help. I'll try that and see if they go away. I owe you big time.

Tags
creatures, eat, tan, weir, werid creatures

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com