well, i think i figured out what those "worms" are

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeymourFRESH

Aquarium Advice Freak
they're probably leeches. the one thing i didn't tell you guys when i described the worms i had is that they they stuck to bottom of the bucket very well and they moved by squishing themselves together and then becoming long again (sort of like an accordian). they just looked like worms

i described them to the guy working at my LFS and he told me he's pretty sure they're leeches...but the whole thing that baffles me is, if they ARE leeches, where in the heck did they come from?! 8O

i'm still half-dosing with CFX parasite terminator...i haven't found any in there for over a week, so maybe that's a good sign!

on a worse note, however, my other aquariums are most likely contaminated now too. i'm treating all of them.

i'll let you guys know how it goes...

well i've had plants for a long time and i've never seen this!

i found ANOTHER leech today! this is horrible...i did an experiment and put 5 drops of the CFX right on top of this loach (swimming in 1/4" of water at the bottom of the bucket)

it took very little to irritate it, but it did not die quickly

not that i know of. they never come to the surface. i only find them when i vacume my gravel

i'm just a little worried that the treatment i'm using isn't going to kill them all.

Back
Top Bottom