Well than

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After further research I can see that'll be a no to the female. Some people have luck with setting a tank with a female and a tank with a male side by side for a couple of weeks to get them adjusted to each other and have no problem with them tho. So it's not impossible but not the risk

Sent from peliper

It isn't completely impossible, but keeping a male/female betta pair rarely, if ever works long term from everything I've heard, and never recommended unless you are far more knowledgable than I am when it comes to betta breeding.

I'm not saying that it absolutely can't be done because it can, but I personally would never attempt it at this point in my journey as a hobbyist, just some food for thought.

My two cents:
Why worry about the stress of continually having to monitor their behavior to avoid injury/casualty when you could put Mr. Betta in with a couple dwarf frogs or something similar and have a happy, stable long term environment for everyone involved?

I get it, bettas look awesome and to have more than one in a tank would also be awesome, but I already do enough work keeping up with water paramaters and maintaining fish health that I am not trying to make extra work for myself by attempting risky stock options (already learned that the hard way putting Serpaes in with an Angelfish *facepalm*) The point is that I am actually trying to ENJOY this hobby not make it feel like a giant labor of love and burn myself out on it. So why not make your environment as stress free and disaster free as possible?

I'm one of those people that likes to see fish swim around and interact with each other. I get so much enjoyment watching my corydoras and my loaches race around the tank then lay beside each other under the hornwort

Sent from peliper

So, I was doing some more research into bettas and I came across betta imbellis. The only thing I found so far is they're "peaceful" but haven't found much of anything else about them. Anyone got anything else about them? ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1425584150.959667.jpg they also resemble the female betta I have. Could it be a betta imbelli?

Sent from peliper

So, I was doing some more research into bettas and I came across betta imbellis. The only thing I found so far is they're "peaceful" but haven't found much of anything else about them. Anyone got anything else about them? View attachment 266426 they also resemble the female betta I have. Could it be a betta imbelli?

Sent from peliper

Although they have become known as the peaceful betta, I have found them to have the same not so peaceful temperament as wild splendens.

Both imbellis and wild slendens are short finned. Imbellis is almost always only available through breeder and will be sold as such so I'm confident in saying that your female is definitely a female splendens.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I've decided I'm going to move mr betta to a 3G semi circle lightly planted tank and move my mollies and platy to the 10g and make it a brackish tank instead so the mollies and platy can have proper water and not get run over by danios and loaches all the time

Sent from peliper

I've decided I'm going to move mr betta to a 3G semi circle lightly planted tank and move my mollies and platy to the 10g and make it a brackish tank instead so the mollies and platy can have proper water and not get run over by danios and loaches all the time

Sent from peliper

Platies aren't brackish and Mollies should be in 30g or larger IMO as females can hit 5".

Please do some more research.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1101+2089&pcatid=2089

Mollies are big eaters and poop machines. Very active swimmers as well. Depending on exact species or variety, the females can get very large.

I used to use a Tablespoon of Salt per 5g for my Molly tank, it's still freshwater, but it has some salt for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom