Well water problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishboy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I recently got my water tested and the pH was 6.2 in my 90 gallon tank. The reason being was because I have well water and the pH of it is 6.0 (maybe less!) I can't keep fish in this kind of water! Everytime I do a water change my fish will probably get pH shock and end up getting diseases and being unhappy. What can I do to fix this problem? If I add crushed coral to my filters won't it make it go to high and buffer it too much? I want to get the pH around 6.7. I added this sandstone decoration rock to it but I don't know if I should keep it in there because it might raise the ph too high. I had a pH test kit but I lost the vial that goes with it . I think I'm going to buy a master's test kit soon. So anyway, what should I do to fix the problem?

Well fishboy, you may not have a problem at all. In order to determine the stability of your PH, we need to know what your KH is. You might not need to buffer this at all, but if you do, CC in the filter is harmless.

What's so special about the number 6.7?
:wink:

Back
Top Bottom