West African/Congo Biotope Help/Ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
As you can see in my profile, after Christmas I'm interested in setting up this type of aquarium in a 55g. I have a fairly good idea of what I'm doing, but am looking for recommendations/help for it, especially if you have one like it. I have questions for stocking and plants.
Tank Info: Basically, im planning on doing one side with heavy driftwood/manzita, and the other side having less if any wood and a rock pile/cave. I am hoping to do a mland c-360 canister for filtration, partially because the african butterfly fish doesn't like surface currents, and it is easier to create a lesser current with a canister. Lighting will be a two bulb t8 shoplight set onto a glass top, with ZooMed FloraSun and Ultrasun bulbs. Substrate will be cheap sand with a plant substrate under it in the heavier planted parts.

Anyways, my first Q is plants. I am thinking of doing a combo of Anubias, African Water Ferns, Crinum, and possibly a tiger lotus lily. I would like to have floating plants, but am not sure of any from the biotope that i could get. Any help with the plants would be apreciated,(y)
Secondly, the fish stocking: 6 Congo tetras, 3 Upside-down catfish, 1 African Leaf fish, 2 Kribensis (paired), 1 AF butterfly fish, and finally 1 ropefish. My main wory would be when the Kribs spawn, what they would do to the other fish. If you have an idea of a more passive cichlid or something medium sized and colorful from this region to replace the Kribs (killis, if a non-seasonal type?), feel free to say. Also, i plugged this stocking into AquaAdvisor, and it should work. Edit: I may do just 2 upsidedowns, even though they reccomend schools. This will depend on the type I get, although I will try for the smallest I can.
:thanks::thanks::thanks: -FF

Back
Top Bottom