whast your favorite type air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tropicfishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just bought one of those luft 7.0 psi air pumps, the thing is insane when it comes to putting out large amounts of air, whats your favorite type of air pump?

Is it the new Whisper, with the black rubber feet and the bent blue top ? Mine is so quiet I can't even hear it, and one is right behind my ear !
Try putting it on top of a sponge - that should cut the vibrations. Also make sure that its not touching anything - that will cause vibrations and noise also.

My Marineland Airmaster is the quietest one we have had. Completly silent. We had an Eheim a few months ago that only lasted a few days because it was so loud.

Fishyfanatic said:
My Marineland Airmaster is the quietest one we have had. Completly silent. We had an Eheim a few months ago that only lasted a few days because it was so loud.

What size/model is it? I'm going to need one for my new tank, and would like to get as close to silent as possible. My Rena 400 isn't anywhere near silent.

It is the Airmaster 1000. I figured that since it was so cheap that it would be a poor product. Boy was I wrong. Especially when we spent quite a bit on the eheim just to have it be tossed in a matter of days.

How do the Hagen pumps compare? I was going to get the Elite 801 since it's $5.29. I'm just looking for a single-outlet pump to run an 8" bubble wand in a 30 gal. hex tank.

I dont have any, should I? i do over filter though with the fluvel, eg a 45gal with a fluval 405, is that okay or should i get a air pump?

I really like my smaller whispers. the new stle with teh blue domed shape and black rubber feet. however the 100 I got for my 46g is a little noisey. It isn't touching anything, which I thought was causing the humm.. It could be the stand it is on or that is just so powerful it has to hum.. . Not loud, but enough to know it is there. My 20 is silent.

im incredibly disapointed with my penn-plax airtech 2k5, which has 2 air outlets, but one doesn't work, on top of that, an unmarked airator, for a 10 gal tank which only says p-130 still beats out more air than a newer plenn-plax for a 30 gal

Back
Top Bottom