what are all the species of cichlid i could pu in a 36 gallon bow front tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maxwellag

Aquarium Advice Addict
My mom told me to research what fish I could put in a tank she might get for my birthday, so I am trying... but I am not doing well, so please help! Lol thanks

you can try some small peaceful species of cichlids like rams or apistogrammas. They usually only get about 2-3 inches in length. I'm adding German Blue rams to my tank soon, I love the colors on them.

You could also do kribs, but tankmates must be chosen carefully since they get moody if they pair up. All the cichlids I mentioned in your other thread (rams, apistos, keyhole, golden dwarf). Angels are a cichlid too. Shell dwellers.Checkerboard cichlids. Some haps. Egyptian mouthbrooders.

Ok, ill stick with gbrs and neon tetras and maybe some other schools... I am not sure whether or not to get one or two pairs of gbrs yet though. I will definitely get copies or ottos or a bristlenose pleco.

Ok, ill stick with gbrs and neon tetras and maybe some other schools... I am not sure whether or not to get one or two pairs of gbrs yet though. I will definitely get copies or ottos or a bristlenose pleco.
You should be able to get corys and either otos or the bn. Otos often sit on plants and decor and stuff, so they do not just sit on the bottom, so I think they would be fine in addition to the corys and gbr.

absolutangel04 said:
You should be able to get corys and either otos or the bn. Otos often sit on plants and decor and stuff, so they do not just sit on the bottom, so I think they would be fine in addition to the corys and gbr.

Ok, thanks. Now the hard part is waiting until my birthday (in december) when my mom will let me get the tank. :) I can't wait

Sounds like my tank! I have a 28g bowfront and the final stock will be:
8 neon tetras
4 albino cherry barbs
2 gold barbs
3 oto catfish
3 nerite snails
2 german blue rams

I currently have everything except the rams

Back
Top Bottom