What are these and how do I eradicate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just did a search on this and someone else said that though this dewormer is fine for other snails, it will kill nerite snails.

Is it possible you were dealing with this? https://g.co/kgs/leHzaD

I've noticed critters in the shells of the snails from you. This is what I came up with when searching "bug in aquatic snail shell." It might not be related, but I'm curious.

Not that I have seen. The worms I saw definitely were planaria with the triangular head.

Never eaten a [emoji222] either.

I just did a search on this and someone else said that though this dewormer is fine for other snails, it will kill nerite snails.

I had left 3 different species of snails in the tank when I treated it. The MTS and Pond immediately shot to the top and wanted out. The ramshorn body was found the next day. I don't think it is safe for snails.

In a 2Og long what is a good number of shrimp? I have never kept Shrimp and could well be overstocked and need to thin the herd.

In that size to 30-35G I have seen a few tanks thriving with hundreds or maybe even a thousand shrimp.

I know I had my 6.6G before I moved & thinned the herd 120-130 and I couldn't even see half of them, I figured I had 50-60, before I broke down the tank and counted.

imo you could have 300++ You might only see /think you had half of that number. Really I think more.

They don't poop like snails poop! Light bioload. Need good pwc amount if you are feeding well /much.

The one tank I saw the pic had what the guy said would be up to a couple thousand Cherry shrimp in a 20G Long. There were lots of shrimp!!! :eek:

Wow. That's a lot. I figure I need to find someone local to swap some stock with. Inbreeding can't be good.

I would go for stock from 3 suppliers (edit: in total not 3 more so 2 more) and try to see where they came from originally. Germany, Hong Kong, Thailand, etc.

Or do a cull and go towards brighter, darker red shrimp and add them to the new batches of higher color grade new breeding stock.

Shrimp are fun to watch in any color.

Back
Top Bottom