What are these little white things stuck everywhere help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lewis.r

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 15 gal tank with 5 WCMM, 1 guppy and 2 platies

Now recently I have noticed these little white dots looking like eggs stuck to plants, glass and filters.
They look like eggs they are white on the outside and have a dark centre. They are literally everywhere and I can't figure out what they are.
Now came home this evening to see that there were more and then I looked closer and there was something in the shape of a very small white worm crawling across the front of my aquarium glass.

Can anyone tell me what they are as I'm concerned for my fishes health and need to deal with them appropriately if they are something that shouldn't be there. See attached for pics the best I canIMG_0935.jpgIMG_0934.jpgIMG_0936.jpgIMG_0938.jpg

They also move!! I thought they just stuck there but they are actually on the move. What are they?

They also move!! I thought they just stuck there but they are actually on the move. What are they?

This is what I found at algone.com

"Noticing small white worms the size of a few millimeters crawling along the glass are either flat or roundworms. Flat appearances are planaria (flatworms) and the more thin and wiggly ones are nematodes (roundworms). Both of them do not exceed 4-5 millimeters. Both types are harmless to fish and thrive on excessive waste in the water column.

To free the tank of these worms simply do not feed your fish for 3-4 days as they will often feed on them."

look like "egg's"
Baby snails would be my guess,dont panic,nothing wrong with snails.
scoop 1 out & look close with magnifier.
then perhaps some one can ID the breed.

The picture on top right has planaria worm on the glass.
Feed less. They are a sign of excess 'foods' being available.
They are trouble for shrimp I think ,but otherwise a god indicator of your water quality IMO.

The picture on top right has planaria worm on the glass.
Feed less. They are a sign of excess 'foods' being available.
They are trouble for shrimp I think ,but otherwise a god indicator of your water quality IMO.

So if I cut down feeding then it should be fine? And is this worm a danger to my fish? I do not have any shrimp.
What does IMO mean?

I've come to the conclusion that the tiny white things stuck to the glass are probs tiny snails as the seem to eat algae on my plants and I can't imagine worms doing this??
For me then eating the algae isn't a bad thing it's all about population control or does anyone know a safe way to get rid of them without too much effort without harming the fish?
I think they are snails based on i went to my local pet store and was looking at the live plants and they were stuck to the glass there also and they were pretty much the same thing!!

In regards to the worms I have seen them floating around and a couple moving against the glass, these are the things it desperate to get rid of tbh, is there a safe way again of getting rid of these?
I have stepped up to 2 gravel cleans a weeks and I am now feeding a lot less, over the past year I probs have been over feading as food was dropping to the bottom of the tank.

Any ideas anyone?

Back
Top Bottom