What are these on my intake tube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adammorrill

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to know what these things are on my filter intake tube. My angelfish is always around this spot and ive had it for a few years without any other angels, so i dint think its the angels eggs. I also have cory cats and serpae tetras in my tank as well and some mts snails and assassin snails. What do u think they are? They are not air bubbles and some of them are white. Sorry for the bad pics they are taken with my phone.
img_2588880_0_d40032f94ac10c474e37b834b4aa561e.jpg

img_2588880_1_edc11eb7d0a7dded81d07a9aeb8ed2d2.jpg

I also did a big water change on the tank yesterday if that helps, but i don't know if those were on there, i didn't really pay attention.

It could be angelfish eggs. I've had female angels lay eggs without a male around

Any other opinions? If they are snail eggs i would really like to scrape them off before they hatch

As bettaowner said, females sometimes lay eggs even without a male present to fertilize them.

Perfectly normal :)

I think it could be Cory eggs and the angel could be eating them! I have cories and their eggs look like that also

So if they are angel eggs, just don't worry about them and they will eventually go away? They won't hatch because there is no male to fertilize them,so just let them be? If they are cory eggs, which i doubt they are because the corys never go up that high, should i do something to help them?

There is a picture of my Cory eggs. That's at the top of my two foot tall tank.

Attachments

• image-163425175.jpg
    image-163425175.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 52
So if they are angel eggs, just don't worry about them and they will eventually go away? They won't hatch because there is no male to fertilize them,so just let them be? If they are cory eggs, which i doubt they are because the corys never go up that high, should i do something to help them?

The female can also pick at the eggs if she knows they arent fertile. Ive never seen cory eggs but angel eggs are normally in her territory

Yah, I am pretty sure they are the angels then, because I have never seen the corys swim higher than a few inches above the substrate. But they could have, because I did a water change the other day with cooler water and I know they like that, so I guess I just have to wait and see. I'm going to guess though that nothing is going to hatch.

Yah, I am pretty sure they are the angels then, because I have never seen the corys swim higher than a few inches above the substrate. But they could have, because I did a water change the other day with cooler water and I know they like that, so I guess I just have to wait and see. I'm going to guess though that nothing is going to hatch.

Keep the female angel away and wait up too a week. If nothing hatches then they are sterile eggs

I have nowhere to put the angel though, any other solution? And you say wait a week and nothing hatches they are sterile, do you mean they are infertile?

I definitely know they are the angels now. I just went up and looked at them and the angel was guarding them and staying close to them, without picking at them. I feel bad for the angel now, i wish it had a mate, but every time i try to introduce a new angel to the tank, this one terrorizes it until it dies. Like it doesn't constantly chase them, but if they come close to her or come up to eat, then my angel will chase it.

I definitely know they are the angels now. I just went up and looked at them and the angel was guarding them and staying close to them, without picking at them. I feel bad for the angel now, i wish it had a mate, but every time i try to introduce a new angel to the tank, this one terrorizes it until it dies. Like it doesn't constantly chase them, but if they come close to her or come up to eat, then my angel will chase it.

She is maybe waiting for the right guy to come along! ;) lol

Back
Top Bottom