What are your top three favorite fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WaterPond

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering how everyone ranks their favorites, Include the tyoe of fish, and a hsort explaiation if possible). I always go by how much personailty a fish has, Right now it goes

1. Panda Cories (they are just too darn cute)
2. Dwarf pufferfish (power packed with personality, they are great)
3. Angelfish (are always watching me and begging for food)

SAE's (just an awsome all-around fish IMO)
Rainbows (praecox and bosmani in particular)
Guppies (buy two get 1,000,000 free!)

Jason - 2 out of 3 for us are the same

1. Dwarf Puffers - those EYES !
2. Panda Cories - the entertainers LOL
3. Betta's - I call them dogs with fins LOL

Green Severums
Plecos (All of them) (But, Temmincki/Dwarf BN for specifics)
Managuense Cichlid. Personality, with an attitude. Too mean for my tanks though :(

EDIT: No no, I take Managuense back. And replace with
Gold Wonder Killis. I forgot about them killis, webmoose.

WaterPond said:
Peyton said:
SAE's (just an awsome all-around fish IMO)
What makes them so great?, i have been thinking of getting one

I think for me personally it's partially because they are hard to find in my area. Every time I find some I usually buy them ( I just bought 4 more today). I like the way they rest on their fins. They look ready to take off at any second. They also school together which is cool amd they really don't seem to bother any other fish.

cool, they are hard to find in my area too. I saw some "flying fox sharks" at my LFS the other day which i think are SAEs because in another tnk they have "true flying foxes" for 7 bucks each. I think i might get a few.

right now:

1. Neolamprologus leleupi
2. Altolamprologus calvus
3. a few killies

Of the ones I actually have:

Yasuhikotakia sidthimunki
Hara maesotensis
Liposarcus pardalis and/or L144 (blue/black-eyed bristlenose pleco)

What I'd like to have some day:

Bumblebee goby (Brachygobius doriae?)
Farlowella sp. (1) ("twig catfish")
Parotocinclus sp. (3) (a very tiny sorta otocinclus-kinda deal)

1. Paradise Fish
2. Plecos
2. Red-Tail Shark

I love the special crayfish sold in the stores as well. They are so exciting and active!

May I ask why the panda cories and not another type what makes the panda so special and different from the other cories?

The pandas are just the most adorable in my personal opinion. They stay fairly small, and just scurry along the bottom in their schools, heres a pic of some of mine:

img_752537_0_66aaa5903f23eb88d29482f327867328.jpg

img_752537_1_25798f474626098e33ecbfb84dd1d4b7.jpg

See, arent they cute!

Now Juliis are very nice too, they were originally on my stocking plan, but the pandas were cheaper, and now i prefer them over the juliis, lol

1. Goldfish ( i could extend that to order the dozens of varieties, but I won't)
2. Brown discus
3. Oscars

From the fish I have owned:

-clown loach (beautiful fish and fun to watch eat)
-blood parrot (very smart like all big cichlids and entertaining. I like their bright orange color)
-crayfish (don't know if this counts, but I like them because they are funny to watch and they have a lot of personality)

1. Any type of loach, I love em all!
2. My Blue Wood Shrimp (Looks like a blue crayfish, but has no pinchers, so he can be kept with fish)
3. All my cichlids (I have GBR's and Firemouths). Great personality and beauty in these fish.

Back
Top Bottom