What can i give my tiger barbs as a treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do have debris in my tank but that's from my plants, the tiger barbs find it funny to bite the small plants. Last time I checked it was just over a safe amount but since then iv done water changes and added something that removes the nitrate. So I'm guessing it fallen. I'll test it again tomorrow and if needed change the water.

If you don't have it, get yourself an API master kit to test. Since you mentioned "safe", I presume you're using strips to test, which are completely unreliable. I think you'll be very surprised if you take accurate readings and see what's really going on in your tank.

You shouldn't ever add anything to remove nitrates. You should be doing water changes to remove nitrates.

I don't test the water the people at the shop do it, the guy who does it has fish him self. Iv had the water tested (liquid test not strips) and they said its fine. Every is at 0ppm excepted for nitrate which is at 3ppm.

If they're getting a reading of 3 ppm, they are not using the API kit. That would read in increments of 5 or 10.

Are you sure they're not using strips?

I'm sure. I don't think they use that brand tho. They do the test right in front of me.

Back
Top Bottom