What can i give my tiger barbs as a treat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Banana mouse

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hat can I give my tiger Barbra's a treat? Every week I like to give my tiger barbs a treat so I just want some more ideas of what I can give them.
I have 7 tiger barbs 5 ottos.
(no idea if I put this in the right category, sorry I don't use this app much.)

Banana mouse said:
Hat can I give my tiger Barbra's a treat? Every week I like to give my tiger barbs a treat so I just want some more ideas of what I can give them.
I have 7 tiger barbs 5 ottos.
(no idea if I put this in the right category, sorry I don't use this app much.)

Bloodworms but only a few

Banana mouse said:
Is there a difference if there frozen or alive?

Feed frozen or freeze dried
Live can have many deadly dieseases

Brown rice? Why would you? I'm curious.

As for the bloodworms, if you ever DO feed freezedried, be sure to rehydrate the food first. Bloodworms in any form are very rich and should be fed sparingly.

Brown rice- I'm cooking dinner now and I'm having brown rice :p

In my told tanks i would take one cube out then let it melt and add a few that way.

For the bloodworms in frozen form?

I spread 4 cube between a 16 gallon, a 46 gallon, a 65 gallon and a 75 gallon.

One cube is WAY too much unless you've got one of those New York City mutant alligators.

I guess what I do is a little to much. How many worms should I aim for? 1 per barb?

In frozen form, it's impossible to count them out. If I were you, I'd take a knife and shave off a really small corner. Keep the block frozen because you can't refreeze once it's thawed out and with the small amount of fish you have, you'll never use it all once the entire block is thawed.

Maybe 2 per fish. But only your barbs will eat them.

I never knew that thanks. I'll aim for that. Iv got a mixture of sized barbs, some are half an inch while the rest are about an inch long.

Their stomach is roughly the size of one eyeball, so feed accordingly. I feed my fish every other day and Sunday is "treat" day. ;)

I feed mine 3 times a day. I can tell if there Hungary if they stay close to the bottom there not Hungary but if they stay close to the top of the tank they are Hungary.
I give them as much as they in in about a minute and treats roughly every 4 days. So am I feeding them too much?

You might want to check if your LFS carries live blackworms, those seem to be a nice treat :) It may take your fish a little bit to recognize them as food if they've never had live food before, but man, once they make that connection they go to town! Any leftover worms will also burrow into your substrate and help aerate it too.

I feed mine 3 times a day. I can tell if there Hungary if they stay close to the bottom there not Hungary but if they stay close to the top of the tank they are Hungary.
I give them as much as they in in about a minute and treats roughly every 4 days. So am I feeding them too much?

In my opinion, yes, you're feeding WAY too much.

I'm sorry, but I don't agree with your theory for how to tell if your fish are hungry. Fish will eat 24/7 if allowed to. It doesn't mean they're hungry, they're just eating because they can. This can cause bloat and death.

How much and how often should I feed them?

I give them tetra min, in the morning along with a pinch of tetra prima mini granules (a very small amount of the granules)

At about 4pm I give them a small pinch of the granules again.

Then in the afternoon I give them tetra pro algae with a very small pinch of the granules.

If I give them treats it would be tetra nature brine shrimp, one of them would last 2 days

As I said, I feed every other day, what they can eat within a few minutes. Your fish can easily go a week with no food. It's too easy to overfeed and pollute both your tank and your fish.

If your giving them food that takes them 2 days to consume, that's your first sign that they are truly being overfed. The only thing I feed that lasts longer than a day are vegetables.

I mean the tetra natura I give them a little in the morning then a little at night and I still got over half a packet left so I'll give that to them in the morning and so on until it's used up. I'll feel bad feeding them every other day :( what If I give them a very small amount everyday?

If you want to cut back to 1 small amount per day, you can certainly do that.

I'm surprised that you don't have issues with high nitrate and/or lots of debris when you do your water changes.

Back
Top Bottom