what can i put in here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemamauggly

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok im getting a 55 gal tank soon i also have a 10 gal now i have a red tail shark wich i plan on putting in the new tank along with my rubber lip pleco i want to know if i can put an oscar and anything else i can put in and what to restock my10 gal with

No Oscars with other fish; Oscars get HUGE and it would need a minimum of 55 gals just for one without anything else.

It's hard to find tank mates for Red Tailed Sharks as they can be aggressive. You could do a shoal of maybe 12 Tiger Barbs. I'd watch the Shark and Pleco though as they both inhabit the bottom levels of the tank, the shark may eventually go after the pleco. I'd upgrade as soon as you can; a shark and a pleco in a 10 gal is a recipe for disaster.

As for the 10 gal, you have some options. You could do:

a single betta OR
two dwarf puffers OR
a shoal of 6-8 nano fish like ember tetra, chili rasbora or celestial pearl danio OR
2-3 platys OR
3-4 guppies

wgat if i were to put the pleco in with the oscar and buy a 30 for my red tail also i already have a few Mollie and red wags in my tank along with a cory cat none od them ever fight

Unless you want to get a really large tank, IMO at least a 100g I do not suggest getting an oscar. They grow fast and extremely large. They are also quite messy and have a high bio-load. Why don't you look into some of the smaller cichlids that a 55g would be fine for. Blood parrots, severms, or other colorful cichlids.

ok what about a jack dempsey with my other 2 fish and the other tank

You could do a single JD in the 55 but red tail shark also needs a larger tank and am not too sure about keeping the JD and Red tail in the same tank. You might want to post that question in the Cichlid forum.

ok and one last thing if i do get a jack dempsey would he be fine with my pleco and my freinds electric cichlid

I don't know you need to ask the cichlid experts on the cichlid forum. I don't keep these types of fish.

Back
Top Bottom