What did i just pull out of my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alral1988

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anybody know? Just plants and RCS in the tank.

Attachments

• image-2539139727.jpg
    image-2539139727.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 99
  • image-2184138995.jpg
    image-2184138995.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 94
  • image-409627760.jpg
    image-409627760.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 94
I edited my post because its a rcs tank.

But yes and no, not if they were tetra or similar sized fish, depending on how big it got, it could definitely eat tetra. Dragon fly larvae will eat tadpoles and small fish as a staple.

Damsel Fly larvae. THere has been a ton of them found in tanks this summer. I found 5 in mine after adding plants. I just caught them and put them in my outdoor pond. They will eat what they can catch but most fish fry are safe from them. They are afraid of fish because the fish eat them. They eat mostly mosquito larvae and other small things.

Damsel Fly larvae. THere has been a ton of them found in tanks this summer. I found 5 in mine after adding plants. I just caught them and put them in my outdoor pond. They will eat what they can catch but most fish fry are safe from them. They are afraid of fish because the fish eat them. They eat mostly mosquito larvae and other small things.

Absolutely - good eye!

I've had them come in on store bought plants. They do grow them outside in warm areas, like Florida, so bugs have ample chance to hitchhike despite measures taken to avoid them. I always soak plants in a bucket first, and it's surprising sometimes what I find in the bucket later on. Scuds, bug larvae and snails are just a few of many things I've run across.

I keep a QT tub for my plants. I do rinse them in chlorine water but it will not kill everything. I stick them in a plastic tub with a light and filter for two weeks. Gives plenty of time for anything to hatch. Then I rinse plants again and add them to my tanks.

Back
Top Bottom