What do I do with these fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PlatyLady

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, it's been forever, but my tanks have been good!

A month ago, I got 5 new platies (in addition to the ones in my siggy). I *thought* I was getting one male and four females... but they were young, and over the month, I've watched three of them mature into males. So now my male-female ratio is way out of whack, and the new males are really bugging my older males (my oldest in particular HATES them). So I put the 4 new boys in my 10 gal hospital tank.

I've gone back to the LFS where I first got them, but the tank I know they'd end up in is overrun with probs - it's disgusting. What do I do with these perfectly healthy little boys? They can't live in the hospital tank forever, and I can NOT send them back to the orphanage!!!

i dont know if this would work but what about CLR, never used it not recomendong cause i am assuming it's really bad for fish, so would needood rinse, but throowing it out there.

Thanks, I've posted it in the local forum - but the Canada forum is pretty quiet. Always has been.

As for another tank..... eeerrrrrghhh. Oh, do I dare bring out the other tank from the top shelf of the spare room closet? I've had MTS before, and it wasn't pretty!

xxmoorishmanxx - hmm? CLR?

i dont know if this would work but what about CLR, never used it not recomendong cause i am assuming it's really bad for fish, so would needood rinse, but throowing it out there.
Perhaps this was supposed to be posted in my "talk about stubborn" topic about the stuff I can't seem to get off a fish tank...
I agree about finding another good home... I know Toirtis doesn't mind some new fish now and then :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom