What do I need for a 75 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You will need ( based on the assumption that you have no supplies what so ever)

1 filter that is the proper size for your tank
1 heater ( if needed)
About 75 pounds of the substrate of your choosing
1 thermometer
Decoration with lots of caves
Plants ( real plants are good for larger tanks, because they make your fish feel more at home)
Ammonia sensor ( optional but saves money in the long run)
1 large mag float
No more than 75 inches of cheep fish
I suggest tetras or more common fish like guppies

I'm also setting up a 75 but have my heater, filters, lights, ect ( using aquarium gravel though) 50 lbs worth for $45. (Ouch) anyhow, I've read about the ammonia sensor b4. What is that & where can I get it ? I have a freshwater masters kit so I wld I still need it ? Not sure what the mag float is either of its needed.

Honestly you're best bet with choosing fish is based of what YOU want. Do you want a large community with lots of fish and schools? Or do you want an aggressive cichlid tank? Or you do have the option of a semi aggressive community where you get the best of both? It all comes down what you think is interesting

What's you mean semi aggressive for the best of both ? I'm kind of in the same boat here. U can't put community & semi - aggressive together ?

I just set up a 75. Depending on your patience you can get a better deal on a tank.
I paid:
75 gallon tank - 80$
Diy stand - 100$
Sunsun hw-303b - 80$
Hydor inline 300w - 50$
*all new btw
Now lighting depends on your plant selection. Though if you go fake plants lighting will be cheap. Real plants breaks open a whole new can of worms

I'm also setting up a 75 but have my heater, filters, lights, ect ( using aquarium gravel though) 50 lbs worth for $45. (Ouch) anyhow, I've read about the ammonia sensor b4. What is that & where can I get it ? I have a freshwater masters kit so I wld I still need it ? Not sure what the mag float is either of its needed.

An ammonia sensor goes into your aquarium, and detects ammonia, so it eliminates the need for test kits. As for where you can get it, if you have a local fish store check there first if they don't have one you will have to buy online.

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=4387

This is the one I have in my 10 gallon aquarium and it works really well.

Back
Top Bottom