What do you feed your Dwarf Puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maillis

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've got a dwarf puffer living in a 20 gallon with a clown pleco, a candy stripe goby, and a bunch of endler/guppy hybrids. He's been in there for months now and all I've been feeding him is frozen bloodworms and frozen brineshrimp and he seems to be doing fine. Are snails absolutely necessary? I've never fed him snails and none of my tanks have snails in them.

Snails are needed to keep the beak worn down, but you can also trim it (highly unpleasant, do not suggest it).

I fed mine krill, bloodworms, snails, and unintentionally tropical flake food - which was given to the Danios, and the little poofer snatched it away! Hard to feed my butt..

But since she's been in a planted tank, she's been able to eat all the little plant hitchikers.. and has actually become quite round. All I do is restock the snail pop. every now and then. I do feed bloodworms every now and then, but she doesn't come up to munch them anymore, except upon rare occasion.

Back
Top Bottom