what do you guys think of my 20g tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think you need to either add some more plants, or take the plants out. Right now, it looks like you are trying to do a lightly planted rockscape which isn't working with the plants you have picked out IMO.
I think it would be good to remove the bubbler, and put a black background on it. Then either take all the plants out, or pick different plant species. I can help you pick some out if you want to go that route.

I agree with Scottyhorse. I love the rock placement, but the plants seem like an afterthought. Either they need to grow and fill out or just be moved around??? But love the way the rocks look!

Looks good so far!

Plants are always a work in progress. It does look like you need to a few more before you let them start to fill in. If you fill us in on your lighting system we can offer plenty of suggestions on that topic.

I do like the look of the rocks, although I might take out a few to make a little more room for more plants or a piece of driftwood. I also agree that the current background needs to be swapped with something with a solid color (black, dark blue, dark green, etc). Patterned backgrounds just lead to an artificial overly "busy" look that takes away from what is actually in the tank. A black background will help emphasize your actual 'scape instead of pulling attention away from it.

I'd also recommend getting a HOB filter instead of an internal one as it does free up a bit more space. Also I have to ask this... Is that a bala shark in there?

yeah I'd like to know what plants & where I can get them, for the blue moonlight I used an old Xbox power supply, wired some car blue led's to it & wired a switch I all that, & yeah I'll for sure get black or blue for the background

Cool, just want to make sure you're aware that bala sharks can reach over a foot long and need 100+ gallon tanks. My apologies if you knew this already, but too many bigbox store employees do not tell people this when selling them. :(

wow! once it gets that big ill bring it back for some $ haha I didn't know that

They are also social and skittish so he could end up hitting the glass when ever he gets startled.

alright, I got the rocks out of the nirobrarrah river in northern Nebraska, then I broke them into flat pieces, turned out pretty cool haha

Your tank looks very nice. It once again proves my theory that everybody else in the world has a better looking tank than me. :)

Back
Top Bottom