What do you think????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Okay, my original idea first:
With my main tank, which is a 55g, I am fish-in cycling with 6 tiger barbs, 1 red tail shark, 3 Gourami' s, and 1 Yellow Lab (which will be put in another tank). Now, my second tank is a 40b, which I have recently finished building a double tank stand for it and my newly purchased 20g high (which it tank 3 and may become my 1st planted tank). This 40b tank was originally going to be my African Cichlid tank.

Now, my current thought that I really think is best:
Re-home all my fish, EXCEPT the yellow lab, into the 40B
Turn the 55G into the African Cichlids home
20G Live Plants (still up in the air...never done one and do not want to waste money purchasing then they die)

What are you all's thoughts/opinions?

Not sure about most of that, but from my experience having live plants isn't too difficult. I just started into the aquarium world 9 months ago and I have gotten several plants that continue to do well. I just add a little plant food every pwc and all has been well. I don't know if that is typical though.

I would say if you are interested buy one or a few cheap plants and see how it goes. I think you will find that it isn't as hard as it seems, looks nicer then artificial and I think the fish like live plants better too. One thing though in my (limited) experience at first some plants will lose some/most of their leaves as they adjust to your water chemistry, then will quickly grow new ones. Good luck. Hope all goes well.

Should definitely try plants, I'm pretty new to all this too but when I decided to keep some swordtail fry I got a ten gallon and decided since I'm going to have another tank I'd try plants too. It's not as hard as a lot of people make it out to be, I'm growing a java fern and a Brazilian sword(I think) and a lot of people said I wouldn't be able to in the substrate and light I had, so I changed the normal t8 to a "plant growth" t8 and added some flourish and API co2 boost and every one of my plants are sending out new shoots and my fern had been producing multiple plantlets. I'm not saying people don't give good advice, just that its not that hard and extremely enjoyable, PLUS it helps out your tank!

Back
Top Bottom