What do you think of my Aquascape?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CleverBs

Aquarium Advice Addict
Tell me what you think of it. its a 220g, 72" Long x 24" Wide x 30" Tall.

It will house:
1x Silver Arowana
6x Geophagus Albanios
1x Teacup Ray (not sure what kind yet still researching)
1x Royal Pleco

img_3303876_0_363741a3f609bc47d222ed5b0d49b59f.jpg

img_3303876_1_54993ed719d56d5d17254895a19e605b.jpg

img_3303876_2_22590752979ecdfcd577a56dc82dde28.jpg

Looks good! If anything I'd move up the swords a bit. They look a bit close up to the back wall.

Caleb

I honestly do not believe that you have room for a ray. Even if the tank was large enough, you would need to remove all of the driftwood and plants to maximize the room for the ray to swim.

Also, this tank will be too small for a arowana too.

You should stick with the geophagus and add some angelfish plus a school of large tetras.

I like the scape. Enough space for the fish to glide about in.

IMO, I'd cut the pleco. It's totally up to you and you could definitely fit one, but all these fish have a massive bioload. Just what I'm thinking, but still sounds fine :)

Have you seen the reticulated rays? Just pulled up this site, says 125 gallon minimum, your tank is much bigger than that. You should have space for one. Here's the link: Aquarium Lore: Teacup Stingray

A 125 gallon tank with no decorations would work for a small ray on a short term basis. Long term it would not work. Just Google it.

I honestly do not believe that you have room for a ray. Even if the tank was large enough, you would need to remove all of the driftwood and plants to maximize the room for the ray to swim.

Also, this tank will be too small for a arowana too.

You should stick with the geophagus and add some angelfish plus a school of large tetras.

Thanks but we arnt talking about stock list. I have many years of experience in the hobby and am capable of knowing what is and isnt large enough for a fish. If the fish out grows the tank it will find a new home. This is about the scape.

I like the scape. Enough space for the fish to glide about in.

IMO, I'd cut the pleco. It's totally up to you and you could definitely fit one, but all these fish have a massive bioload. Just what I'm thinking, but still sounds fine :)

Have you seen the reticulated rays? Just pulled up this site, says 125 gallon minimum, your tank is much bigger than that. You should have space for one. Here's the link: Aquarium Lore: Teacup Stingray

Thanks, Ill look into it.

I think I will move the sword on the right forward a bit. I kind of like the placement of the other one.

Nice setup!
I would move that large DW piece slightly to the left or right. Some weird rule about having things off center. Otherwise it becomes a subliminal "tennis match" for your eyes (not relaxing).
Plants away from the back wall as previously mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sounds good! I really like the look of the tannic water. Are you planning on adding any more swords?

No I' may just plant some of the babies the mothers shoot off. I already have about 12-15 baby swords that came on the mothers. I like the water color as well it's from the driftwood currently but I'm sure I'll have to add other tannin producers in the future if I want to keep it that color.

Nice setup!
I would move that large DW piece slightly to the left or right. Some weird rule about having things off center. Otherwise it becomes a subliminal "tennis match" for your eyes (not relaxing).
Plants away from the back wall as previously mentioned.

I understand the concern you said of the middle section however the way I placed them I did because I felt that even though it breaks that rule it looks better then it would in the other positions. I tried it that way and just felt like it was wrong. Regardless the driftwood at least that one cannot be moved. It's got a piece of hdpe on the bottom of it (cutting board material) with two large flat slate rocks. Then covered in sand to keep it from floating.

Gotcha! Maybe moving the sword on the right side a bit to break up the symmetry. Otherwise, black water is relaxing.

It's absolutely beautiful. I'd kill for something like this. Arowana is my #1 dream fish. May I please live vicariously? PLEASE POST PICS WHEN STOCKED, AND VIDEOS TOO. Do you have a youtube channel?

It's absolutely beautiful. I'd kill for something like this. Arowana is my #1 dream fish. May I please live vicariously? PLEASE POST PICS WHEN STOCKED, AND VIDEOS TOO. Do you have a youtube channel?

I dont have a youtube channel but if you want to follow along here is my build thread. I will be posting on that.

Clevers South American Bitope - 220g

Back
Top Bottom