what does everyone feed there carnivorous bottom feeders??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
sinking pellets of any type. My catfish eat anything that reaches the bottom thus anything that sinks is what I would recommend.

BTW, what type of catfish?

store said its a channel catfish even though i didnt think they could sell a wild fish like that. but hes only 5 inches long now i know im gonna have to get rid of him when he grows up. i only have a 55 gallon tank for now. i think the only thing hes eating right now is algea waffers that i give to my plecostomus.

I have an albino channel cat right now, he'll eat everything but absolutely loves sinking shrimp pellets. Now he'll eat feeders as well, anything about the size of a danio at 5 inches, if you can find feeders that small it's not a bad idea to go that way. They'll pretty much eat anything. They almost never come out during the day though. Just a head's up on the rate of growth, I bought mine last June and he was around one inch long, he now is around 7 inches long. They eat like crazy and grow like weeds. If he's already 5 inches long he may last about 4 months in a 55 before he's waay too big for that tank.

I think a channel cat is way to big for any aquarium. That said, mine always loved Hikari Sinking Carnivore pellets, and he even took floating pellets after lights out.

Back
Top Bottom