What else can I add into my 10 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stop.alvin

Aquarium Advice Activist
The tank currently has 3 platies and a male betta and A LOT of plants. I'm planning to take out the platies because they were making a mess, even though they helped eat algae, they left A LOT of green poop everywhere. Literally. Everywhere.....
So I'm planning of removing those and putting them into the 30 gallon
But after that, the tank would be kind of bare, and I want some buddies for my betta to hang out with. I don't want him to get bored and bite his tail again.
What fish/ inverts would work that have small bio loads, can be kept in a 10 gallon, and can be kept with the betta?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1443244610.105829.jpg
That's the betta btw

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Inverts to try out:
Snails
Ghost shrimp

Fishes:
Fast,Dull-coloured fish such as White Cloud Mountain minnows and ember tetras.
Bottom dwellers such as Pygmy corydoras.

Post Script: Compatible tank mates depends on betta's personality and how aggresive he is, if he had no problems with your platies then he should have problem with the tank mates I've listed above.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Inverts to try out:
Snails
Ghost shrimp

Fishes:
Fast,Dull-coloured fish such as White Cloud Mountain minnows and ember tetras.
Bottom dwellers such as Pygmy corydoras.

Post Script: Compatible tank mates depends on betta's personality and how aggresive he is, if he had no problems with your platies then he should have problem with the tank mates I've listed above.

Thanks! He had no problems with the platies. He was quite calm
Do you think neon tetras would work?

Considering that the betta had no problems with the platy I don't see why he would have a problem with neon tetras. Also a good tip would to create hiding spaces in your tank if it all goes wrong. But if does go wrong it probably would be best to return the neons to your LFS.

Best to keep a jar or some large Tupperware container on hand just in case you run into a problem. Some of my bettas have been peaceful and others have not. Just pays to be prepared

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Best to keep a jar or some large Tupperware container on hand just in case you run into a problem. Some of my bettas have been peaceful and others have not. Just pays to be prepared

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have an extra 5 Gallon aquarium if something happens. Thx for the advice

Back
Top Bottom