What else can I add to my tank to make it stand out more?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
What else can I add to my tank to make it stand out more? I'm pretty happy with my fish. But what decor would make my tank stand out? More plants? Should I change anything that I have present right now?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397881821.047741.jpg

I'd do tall plants also to make it look like a forest with a little house in, you really have a good tank for that!.. Here's my forest themed tank.. It's not done I've still got loads of plants to add :) ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397884766.064863.jpg
Sorry for the low quality pic, I didn't have one yet since it's still in building..

What else can I add to my tank to make it stand out more? I'm pretty happy with my fish. But what decor would make my tank stand out? More plants? Should I change anything that I have present right now?View attachment 233909

Driftwood with some tall lowlight plants like Java fern. I'd also move the house over to one side to make it look less symmetrical.

I'd do tall plants also to make it look like a forest with a little house in, you really have a good tank for that!.. Here's my forest themed tank.. It's not done I've still got loads of plants to add :) View attachment 233913
Sorry for the low quality pic, I didn't have one yet since it's still in building..

Do you have live plants or fake?

I have a couple of nice Manzanita branches that I think are nice.

Attachments

• Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    Aquarium-no reflection.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 89
That is cool! Are your angelfish a pair?

No, I think that they were both females. Sadly, I've lost one of them. I had them from the time that they were dime sized and they were about 5" in diameter. I came home from work one day and one of them was dead. The other one is doing great, so I don't know what happened. I also have 6 German Blue Rams and they're all doing great. I've heard that they were hard to keep, but all of mine are over 6months old and doing really well.

No, I think that they were both females. Sadly, I've lost one of them. I had them from the time that they were dime sized and they were about 5" in diameter. I came home from work one day and one of them was dead. The other one is doing great, so I don't know what happened. I also have 6 German Blue Rams and they're all doing great. I've heard that they were hard to keep, but all of mine are over 6months old and doing really well.

What size is your tank?

Do you have live plants or fake?

They are all live in that tank, no co2, they do great!...
I have a fake plant tank also, they can do just as nice, but they are very pricy (for a nice look) it cost me about 100$ (in Canada heard it's cheaper elsewhere) for 6 but they are well furnished and a lot bigger than a real plant..ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397966643.578020.jpg
Once again sorry for the pic, I usually like to stage them to take pics but haven't for a while :p
Anywase I think you can't go wrong with any type of planted, fish love it and play in them it's fun to watch and I think it makes them more relaxed :) good luck, any way you do it as long as it makes you happy to look at :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397966608.441468.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397966608.441468.jpg
    253.1 KB · Views: 60
I think black substrate, some tall variegated plants in te back and your decor house off the one side would make a great improvement. Google "aquascaping tips" there are lots of good articles out their for beginners to help you out. Worth a quick read.

Back
Top Bottom